bios I prefer you use
Pretty please, do use these.
Official headshots and other photos available below.
short and sweet
Denise Kiernan is an author, journalist and producer. Her most recent book, The Girls of Atomic City, is a New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and NPR Bestseller. She lives in North Carolina.
Denise Kiernan has been working as a writer for more than 20 years. Her work has been published in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Village Voice, Ms. Magazine, Reader's Digest, Discover and many more publications. She has also worked in television, serving as head writer for ABC's "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" during its Emmy award-winning first season and has produced for media outlets such as ESPN and MSNBC. She has authored several popular history titles including Signing Their Lives Away, Signing Their Rights Away, and Stuff Every American Should Know. Her most recent book, The Girls of Atomic City, is a New York Times, Los Angeles Times and NPR Bestseller, and was named as one of Amazon's Top 100 Best Books of 2013. She has been a featured guest on NPR's "Weekend Edition," PBS NewsHour, MSNBC Morning Joe and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
The Girls of Atomic City:
- Winner, 2014 American Political Science Association Woodrow Wilson Foundation Award for the best book published in the United States on government, politics, or international affairs.
- Winner, 2013 Colonial Dames of America Annual Citation
- Winner, Lucy Bramlette Patterson Award from General Federation of Woman’s Clubs of North Carolina
- Winner, Women of Achievement Award from General Federation of Woman’s Clubs of North Carolina
- Finalist, SIBA Book of the Year 2014
- Runner-up, GoodReads Choice Awards: Best History and Biography of 2013
- Invited Scholar, Manhattan Project National Historic Park Scholar's Forum
- Selected as 2014 Common reading selection for the University of Mississippi
- Certificate of Leader Development in National Security and Strategy, U.S. Army War College
- Educational Press Association Award for original children's magazine writing
- BA from New York University
- MA from New York University